AN OVERVIEW OF PAKISTAN POULTRY INDUSTRY YEAR 2015-2016
Commercial Poultry in Pakistan was established in 1962. It is one of the largest agro based segment of Pakistan having an investment of more than 750 Billion rupees. Poultry Industry of Pakistan is making a tremendous contribution in bridging the gap between supply and demand of meat protein. With the continuous depletion of supply of red meat, poultry is the cheapest available animal protein source for our masses and as such is an effective check upon the spiraling animal protein prices. Therefore we are already consuming less protein as per required standards. Poultry Industry generates employment and provides source of income to more than 1.5 million people of Pakistan directly & indirectly.
- Presently turnover of Pakistan Poultry Industry is about 750 Billion rupees.
- Poultry sector generates employment and income for about 1.5 million people.
- Poultry sector is one of the most organized branches of the agro based sector of Pakistan. Its growth rate is 10-12% per annum.
- At present over 190 billion rupees worth of agriculture produce and by products of agriculture are being used in poultry feeds.
- There are over 20000 poultry farms spread deep into the rural areas across the country from Karachi to Peshawar .Capacity of farms range from 5,000 to 500,000 broilers.
- Marketing channels of broilers and eggs are predominantly in the unorganized sector.
- 40-45% of the total meat consumption is being procured from poultry products.
- Poultry Slaughterhouses, Processing/Value Addition in organized sector is 5-6%
- Annually we are producing 18,000 million table eggs.
- Annually we are producing 2,250 million kilo grams chicken meat.
- In our country per capita consumption of meat is only 7 kilo grams and 65-70 eggs annually. Whereas developed world is consuming about 40 kilo grams meat and over 300 eggs per capita per year.
- As per standard of World Health Organization, daily requirement of animal protein for a person is 27 grams whereas public is consuming 17 grams only. Therefore we are already consuming less animal protein as per required standards.
|“ANNEXURE –A” POULTRY FEED BROILER|
|GP||364,000×100 Kg||=36,400 TONS|
|PS||13 Million x 58 Kg @ 60/-||=780,000 TONS|
|BROILER||1400 Million x 4||=5,600,000 M. TONS|
|PS||925,000 x 50||=46,250 TONS|
|COMMERCIAL LAYER||60,000,000×50||=3,000,000 TONS|
|TOTAL||=9.46 Million M. TONS|
|Commercial Chicken Meat per capita||7 Kg|
|Commercial Eggs per capita||65-70|
|BROILER: PS PLACEMENT||13.0 Million|
|DAY OLD CHICKS||1560 Million|
|BROILER MARKETED||1404 Million|
|LAYER PS (NEW)||450,000|
|COMMERCIAL LAYER (NEW)||40.0 Million|
|TOTAL:||60.0 Million x 300 Eggs = 18,000|
|FEED||9.46 Million TONS (ANNEXURE-A)|
|65/70 Eggs per capita consumption.|
|50 Kg Feed consumption per bird in 92 Weeks|
News & Announcements
- PPA Office Bearers Elections 2022 Results
- Members of Central Executive Committee of PPA
- Effects of Flood on Pakistan Poultry
- Regional Chairman North
- Regional Chairman South